- What's your photography style?
- My style is a blend of editorial and journalistic with just a dash of traditional portraiture sprinkled in.
- My goal is always to capture the beauty of your day in a truthful way.
- I'm constantly searching for the best light and backdrops and looking for a natural way to get you there.
- How much do you charge?
- My wedding collections start at $2995.
- A la carte portrait sessions are $195.
- Boudoir sessions include a makeover for $245.
- I'm not a model, how are you going to get good photos of me?
- If we're being totally honest, I've photographed models and I really prefer real people just being themselves.
- My driving purpose is to find the truth and beauty in each relationship. If I accomplish that, then I'd say its a win, wouldn't you?
- How many pictures will I get?
- Depending on how many hours you have me there on your wedding day, you can expect between 500 and 750 images.
- Portrait sessions are typically around 75.
- Boudoir sessions are often about 50.
- Do we get the digital images?
- Wedding Collections include a USB drive with either watermarked images for sharing online or high resolution for printing.
- For all other sessions, digital images may be purchased after your review of the images.
- Will you edit all of the photos?
- Yes, all of the photos will be corrected for color, exposure and contrast.
- Also, any images that go into your album or that you order as artwork will be completely retouched for blemishes, double chins (nobody needs to see that) and get a little extra dose of magic.
- Do you have a second shooter during weddings?
- Yes, I always have a second photographer with me at weddings.
- They use the same high quality professional equipment as me and are also there to give me a hand with lighting and reflecting when I need it.
- Speaking of equipment, what do you use and do you shoot in raw?
- I use a Nikon D3s and D800 with professional lenses such as the f/2.8 70-200mm, f/1.4 85mm, f/2.8 105mm macro, f/1.4 50mm, f/2.8 28-75mm and my favorite little fun guy is the lensbaby edge 80.
- I use Nikon SB-800 flashes and at the risk of making enemies, I will admit that I do all of my editing on a Windows machine.
- And yes, of course I shoot in raw. This allows me to have more flexibility in editing but no, you will not get the raw images. I will only deliver beautiful jpegs to you!
- Do I need a deposit?
- Yes, a non-refundable $1000 deposit is required to secure your wedding date and the remaining balance is due a month before your wedding.
- I prefer cash or check but I'm happy to accept a credit card if that works best for you!
- For all other portriat sessions, the session fee is all that is required to reserve the time.
- How far in advance should I book my wedding and what do I need to do?
- Each date is booked on a first come, first serve basis. So the short answer is, book as soon as you have your venue and date secured.
- Saturdays in July, August and September may be booked a year out or more, but there are always a few random dates that are available even a couple of months before.
- Do you offer albums?
- Oh yah! I include a wedding album with every wedding collection.
- Your album will be custom designed just for you and ready for proofing the first time you see your images.
Have another question I haven't answered? Please feel free to email me!
January 30, 2019
"Their wedding day started out on a crisp sunny day in January. Cate was more concerned with making sure all of her bridesmaids were comfortable and feeling beautiful than I think she was with herself. (Two of them were pregnant so that may have been a factor!) After their first look in front of the Cultural Center, we all headed over to Hoover Park (named after Herbert Hoover, he's kind of a big deal in Newberg). We just caught the last rays of sun before their ceremony."
See the whole shoot!
January 11, 2019
"I finally did it! I have my own studio! Oh my gosh, its so nice to hav..."
October 3, 2018
"They had a beautiful Catholic wedding and then a blowout wedding recep..."